Writing Prompts for Content Writing is Money
Here at Plan442, we understand writing can be hard. Trust us, we know. The demand to develop creative content that will keep audiences engaged on your site or with your brand is enough to send even the toughest man to his knees, begging for mercy. We’ve seen it time and again (literally. The biggest ones cry the hardest.) in every industry.
Here’s the rub: you know you need content that is engaging but you also need to protect your brand. Hiring a low-level intern to add content to your site and manage your blog while backlink building can be a messaging risk that most business owners end up regretting; messaging tone, frequency and channel selection all play a role in attracting the right audience to your business and it takes a professional who is familiar not only with your industry but with your company culture to make that happen. Add to that the need to structure content to meet current SEO standards and it becomes pretty clear that content creation is a serious job that requires some experienced help.
Enter: Plan442. Our content team is full of creative professionals, trained in content creation and SEO strategy. We develop fresh ideas for industry-specific content and develop the supporting materials to support those ideas. All of our content is developed with search engines in mind, propelling your business forward on search results pages. Our content team will take hours of work off your plate, allowing you to do what you love: manage your business.
For $999 per month, Plan442 will:
- Develop and produce four blog-ready articles related to your industry and current SEO trends.
- Include a stock image to accompany and compliment your content.
- All articles will be written in proper voice and tone to accompany existing materials and communicate brand quality.
- All articles will be SEO structured and will contribute to internal link building efforts.
When it doubt...HIRE OUT!!! (Plan442)
If you don’t want to hire out, here is a some tips to do it yourself. Content Writing is at the core of any SEO campaign. The process will compliment any 499 WordPress Website or eCommerce website we offer. Other SEO companies will focus on promises similar to cults, we focus on long-term results. Two of our secret sauces for growth are processes and consistency. Each of these play a very specific role in content writing and SEO, and the very reason we start every SEO campaign with this in mind. It can’t be a short cut, as link building isn’t sustainable without having useful, creative, engaging content and backlinks to support your growth efforts.
Below, we are going to outline 6 different steps to help elevate your content writing process and if you don’t want to do it, when it doubt…
And if you want to tackle this by yourself…well, here are a few steps to get your content writing juices flowing.
6 Steps to Content Writing
1) Outline your article.
- Articles need to be well written, engaging, and informative useful and creative, like make you pee your pants can’t believe how funny this is, type of content. It should present a new angle on a specific topic that really makes people think.
- A good content writing process has a hook at the beginning along with useful information that will make people want to continue reading it, every single time. Your article should be useful, entertaining, or otherwise valuable to all readers, not just your mom.
2) Make a list of key phrases and keywords for your article that you want to rank for.
- This is critical and you’ll want to use them in your copy on your website. Search engines need to know what your article and website is about so cut the fluff and make it useful. These will be used in the metadata of the page, which is part of the HTML code and tell search engines what your page is about.
- It’s extremely helpful for the readers and Google, Bing, Yahoo, and a slew of other search engines to understand what you are trying to rank for AND know that your content is helpful and relevant. Another key element is dividing the article with subheadings, as readers appreciate it more, it’s keeps your content writing process organized and again, helps the reader, read an article with ease.
- As an important reminder, most people who browse your site typical are only skim-reading on your site until they see the value and then realize it’s EXACTLY what they are looking for. THAT, is why subheadings are the second, third, fourth and fifth key elements to unlocking your content writing. They must support the article and keep the value right where it needs to be, both for the reader and the internet crawlers.
3) Write your article.
- Make sure it’s grammatically correct with no spelling mistakes.
- Give your article a title that makes sense and is useful. (Are we seeing a theme yet?)
- Break it up into short paragraphs with subheaders for easier digestion.
- Use the most important keywords and key phrases as early in the article as possible, preferably in the first sentence, and in the first paragraph. However, just make it flow with ease, don’t overthink it.
4) Include hyperlinks in the article.
- Hyperlinks are links to another web page that is relevant to your topic. They are found both on your website and then linked to other websites as well.
- You can highlight a word or phrase and add the web address to which you want to link. Make sure every link is a quality website that offers sound information and easy navigation.
5) Build links to your article.
- Even if you have written a great article, you must let the world know about it. Simply, share a link to your new article on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or Pinterest and encourage friends, family, customers and pets to re-share it AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.
6) Make it easy to share your content
- Your content will rank better as a whole if Google can see it being shared on other sites and social websites. Sharing it yourself is a step and a great way to start, but making it easy for other people to share can get you even more publicity!
- Get other brands to talk about your content, offers, services and dirty laundry. OK, not really but you get the point. The more you can get people talking about what you are saying, the better chances you will have of getting your content seen.
Need More Information?
We are happy to chat, about your website needs. We want to make sure we are as good as a fit for you, as you are for us.